Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Wednesday - Mustard Seed

Then Jesus asked, “What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds perched in its branches.”

Wednesdays: Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.


Initially the seed sits in the ground, powerless to do anything but wait. It's waiting for the environment to support it with the soil, heat, light and water. It will come to "inherit the earth", sprout and grow.

God looks at me and says "Just wait, and don't give up. You will start to grow and good will come of it."

King David said: I remain confident of this:I will see the goodness of the Lord    in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

James said: Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains.

I think God looked at the earth on the third day of creation and said "I've created the land, and filled it with plants that will grow and reproduce. This will provide for the beings I'll put there."


God, in the midst of grief, I look forward to the future and the good you will do. You are in charge and I'm not. It's hard to for me to wait for good to come - help me to be patient.

God, my biggest hope is that ultimately encouragement and blessing will come to the people we know because of my son's life. I hope that no one rejects or distances themselves from You because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.