Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday - Mustard Seed

Then Jesus asked, “What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds perched in its branches.”

Thursdays: Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

Once the seed germinates, it starts to grow. It gets "hungry" to be filled with what's good for it - water, light, nutrients. Once it sprouts, I can get optimistic about its future. It's not going to stay in the ground dead, but it will live and grow.

King David said: Taste and see that the Lord is good;blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. Fear the Lord, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

I think God looks at me and says "I know you're hungry, and I know you want to be filled with good. I'm going to do that, one day at a time, to the extent you can accept it."

I think God looked at the sky on the fourth day of creation and said "you are empty and need to be filled," and put the sun, moon and stars there.



God, please bless all those people I know who also know you. Give them the opportunity to do good, see good be done, and experience good being done for them. Fill up their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.