Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuesday - Mustard Seed

Then Jesus asked, “What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds perched in its branches.”

Tuesdays: Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.


This is the hard part of the process - being planted. The little seed is put into the ground. It becomes separated and alone. It has to "die".


No death, then no life.

Jesus said: Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

King David said: 
Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy. Those who go out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with them.


God looks as me in this state and says, "You're blessed. You're lucky. You're experiencing loss and pain, but comfort will come." 

I think God looked at the earth on the second day of creation and said "I have pulled you apart, but it will be good in time."



God, I'm mourning huge loss - part of me has died. I don't want to be destroyed by this. I don't want my family, my world to be destroyed - and it feels like that could happen. I feel like I have fallen to the ground and I'm buried.

God you have sent so many people to me, to us, to give comfort. I know you want us to have faith in you and our future. I believe you will take a bad situation and turn it for good. Please see us through.

God, forgive the sins of my family - me, my wife and my kids. Be near us.

1 comment:

  1. God has forgiven you...even before you asked.

    God Bless you and your family Troy.

    There are no words that can make this OK and I don't know or understand God's plan any more than you do. I only know that we must continue to be faithful, obedient, and trusting in Him as we reach out to each other in our sorrow. We find comfort in Him through our brethren. You are well loved my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment.