Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 - Hope for Morning

Genesis - the first thing in the bible: And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good,and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Revelation - the last thing in the bible: There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

These are the bookends of creation. I'm not just thinking of the story in Genesis. I'm referring to God creating an entire family, which is what the whole bible is really all about. It's one story - many authors, events and ideas - but a single overriding purpose.

I will always remember the end of 2012 as the darkest of night.

I hope for morning to come in 2013 - that God would bring peace to me and my family.

David wrote: Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

I know we won't be swallowed by the darkness. I know this from what God has revealed and what I have experienced.

John wrote about Jesus: In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

I look forward to "no more night".

Paul wrote: And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.



God, please bring the morning. I trust you will.

1 comment:

  1. Troy, 2012 has been "the darkest of nights" for me as well. Your prayer for 2013 is the same I will be praying! Thank you for daring to share your words!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment.