Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday - Mustard Seed

Then Jesus asked, “What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds perched in its branches.”

Mondays: Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

That single seed  in it's present state is not 100% worthless, but pretty close. It can't do anything until someone comes along to plant it. I guess you could eat it - not much food or flavor there.

God has looked at me and seen me this way, but he says to me "You're blessed. You're lucky. Regardless of your current state, you have a future."

I think God looked at the earth on the first day of creation and said, "you're formless and void, but you have a future."



God, these last four weeks have been the hardest of my life. In some ways, it feels like years since Caleb died. In other ways it seems like hours. Time is all screwed up for me right now - it's hard to keep my bearings straight.

God, forgive me for all I've done wrong and for everything I've missed. I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.