Saturday, December 8, 2012

Friday - Mustard Seed

Then Jesus asked, “What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds perched in its branches.”

Fridays: Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.


As the small plant starts to grow, it's fully dependent on the environment. It's "at the mercy" of the sun, rain and soil to survive. Once the plant grows to the point of producing fruit, it in turn shows mercy to others.

God looks at me and says " I want you to come to me regardless of your failings. You need my mercy to survive. I show my mercy through people like you. You must join in to make all of this work."

Jesus said: It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.

James wrote: Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Jesus also said: Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

I think God looked at the earth on the fifth day of creation and said, "I'm going to give you creatures that will not work and show my mercy - the birds and sea animals." 



God, bless all those people around me that don't know you and are searching. Help me to be part of the goodness you want to give them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.