Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sunday - Mustard Seed

Then Jesus asked, “What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds perched in its branches.”

Sundays: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Finally, in this simple saying of Jesus, the mustard seed becomes a tree. It's established, produces fruit and provides a place for the birds to safely rest. The tree is a peacemaker.

God looks at me and says, "Be a peacemaker - help people come into my family and find rest with me."

Moses wrote: For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Isaiah wrote: The Lord’s justice will dwell in the desert, his righteousness live in the fertile field. The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever. My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest.

I think God looked at the earth on the seventh day of creation and said, "Be a place of peace for me and my children."




So in the past seven days I have considered:
- How the mustard seed went from almost nothing to a place of peace for the birds
- How God takes me from being poor in spirit to being a peacemaker
- How the earth went from chaos to a place of peace for God himself and his people.

God, let it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.