Sunday, December 16, 2012

Light on the Horizon

C.S. Lewis: “No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.” ― A Grief Observed

I would like to be free of the fear and grief. I want peace, healing, and restoration for my family. It’s not going to happen right away, but I’m beginning to see a light on the horizon. I see being open and honest with God as the path forward.

King David wrote: Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit. When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin.

I think silence toward God is a prescription for ongoing pain. I would be crazy to not talk with Him.

John said: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

I trust Him to bring us peace in the middle of a lot of things I still don’t understand. As I said, my part is to be transparent and honest.


Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.


God, help me to be a peacemaker.

1 comment:

  1. God embodies peace, like he embodies all sorts of good things. And biblically, God is in you, pushes through you.That means that the peacemaker you want to be is something you can definitely choose; it's already there.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment.