Saturday, December 8, 2012

Saturday - Mustard Seed

Then Jesus asked, “What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds perched in its branches.”

Saturdays: Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

To be "pure in heart" is to have the character do what's right when your supposed to. What is right for a mustard plant to do? Produce fruit - mustard seeds. Once the plant produces fruit, the whole cycle starts again, and you continue to see God work.

God looks at me and says "You need to be pure in heart - it's what you were made for. You need to take and maintain responsibility in the areas you influence my creation. Use your energy and make things wonderful. When you do, you get to see me at work."  

King David said: Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place? The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god. They will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God their Savior.

Paul said: Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

I think God looked at the earth on the sixth day of creation and said, "I will put people made in my image here, and I'll give them responsibility to take care of this place. They will work and create and be happy, and live with me." 




God, beyond my own life - the good and the bad - there is a whole world out there. You made every person in hopes they would be like you and to see you. Reach out to all the people on earth and bless them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.