Friday, January 4, 2013

The Road of Change


My goal in 2013 is to be changed by God.

A well-known passage by Paul: Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

I often feel like the mustard seed I wrote about earlier. I have this inkling of what God wants me to become, and I need to go through His process of change to fully embrace it. So this year, I hope to look at how he changes people and situations in the bible and try to understand how it applies to me.

I want to become more compassionate, giving and fruitful - I want to be a peacemaker. The hard work is going to be the honesty it's going to demand from me.

King David wrote: Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Asking God to test me is a terrifying thought, but I trust him and know he's good.



God, I know you have me on the road of change. Help me to stay on it and walk with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.