Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Romans 12 - Wednesday

Paul wrote:
We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
To summarize: Be diligent and do good with what God has given you.

God gives each of us some measure of power. We can make money, create things, influence others, figure things out.

I see this mysterious way God works (I think):
     - God gave me power and influence to use for good.
     - God planned out what good I might do - he creates the opportunity.
     - I get the choice of how I use it.
     - God's plan - the ultimate outcomes he is looking for - will succeed no matter how I choose.

So what's the point?

The point is simple in my mind: I love to work, to create, to influence. I was made for it. God offers me the chance to use it all for good, so I can be like him.

When the kids were little, I would mow the lawn. I bought Josh a toy lawn mower. His effort did not change the outcome - but his involvement was so valuable to me. I still remember the smile on his face as he mowed too. We both experienced happiness from it.

This is a simplistic way to see life, and I know there are many more aspects to consider. But for now, I will think about what Paul also wrote: For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.


Wednesdays | My influence is in chaos, and God wants to set things right
- Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth
- Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.