Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Romans 12 - Tuesday

Paul wrote:
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

The message is pretty straightforward: I need to have an honest view of myself, then I can can have an accurate view of others.

It's hard to stop thinking that others need to be more like me. I often fall into this subtle trap: I judge others on what I see, and I judge myself based on my intentions. In this skewed view, everyone comes up short.

I want to appreciate what others do for God.

I want to appreciate their differences from me.

I want to see the bigger picture of how we work as a whole, driven by God's spirit.

Jesus said: A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

I want to love all the other believers in my life, as Jesus commanded.

King David wrote: How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! ...For there the Lord bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.

God, help me to a good part of the body and care for all of it.


Tuesdays | My relationships are in chaos, and God wants to change them
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted
- Your kingdom come


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.