Friday, May 31, 2013

Romans 12 - Friday

Paul wrote:
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
This section follows on from the last one. Again, it makes a list that helps be take inventory - in this case of my relationships.

I try hard to connect with people, but I often get self centered:

  • Bless those who are against you - I rarely do this
  • Rejoice with those who are happy - I get jelous and compare myself
  • Be sad with those are grieving - I want to stay away (at least in the past)
  • Cooperate - I want to do my own thing
  • Spend time with people who have less than me - I'm usually looking to conenct with people in positions of authority 
  • Don't think of myself as better than anyone - my post from a couple of days ago deals with this. I rarely don't think of myself as better.
God, help me do my best with others. Help me live up to this list.



Fridays | My relationships are good, and God will build them up
- Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy
- And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.