Thursday, May 2, 2013

Nature of Jesus - Wednesday

Why did Jesus go to all the trouble of leaving his place of ruling the universe, become human, be rejected, and end up being killed? 

Because it was worth it.

John wrote: Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God - children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

He came so I - and everyone who is willing - could be part of his family.

Paul wrote to the Philippians: Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus is the head of the family, the owner of the universe. 

I want to be in that family, but I have nothing to bargain with. My only hope is to be rescued - I don't have the capability or resources to join on my own.

Following up on my reference yesterday to what Paul wrote to the Romans: What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So what does God require for me to gain eternity? The desire to be with him, and the belief he will accept me. 

God, I'm glad you have the ability to set things right - because I sure don't.



Wednesdays | My influence is in chaos, and God wants to set things right
- Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth
- Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.