Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday - Loss

It's Sunday, and I normally try to focus on peace with God.

Today, I'm feeling an overriding sense of loss and regret over my son, Caleb. I wish I could rise above it, but I don't think that's going to happen right now.

I know God is in control. I don't like everything He allows to happen - but where else can I go? He holds my life and all the lives of the people I know in His hands. I know He cares and grieves with me. I wish I understood all of this - I wish He would make it more clear. Right now, all I understand is sadness.

From Psalm 34The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. This is me.

I miss you.





1 comment:

  1. I saw you and Becky across the aisle at church and my heart hurt for both of you, I just prayed for you throughout the service. The sadness is so overwhelming - I call it a wet blanket that not only envelops but weighs down. I'm sorry that you are walking on this very long path. Know that you are being covered in prayer and loved.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment.