Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday - Weakness and Power

On Wednesday, three ideas come together in my spiritual practice: The third statement in the Lord's Prayer; The third Beatitude; The third day of creation:

- God's in control, and I want that to continue
- I'm powerless, and in need of help
- God orders the earth

My influence is in chaos, and God wants to set things right.

The first day is about my heart (the core). The second day is about relationships (the next level). The third day of the week is about power and influence (the final level). All three days focus on being in a state of chaos and want, where God shows up to help and take care of us.

This is a day to consider how I lack the power to make any real changes in my world. I'm "meek" with little influence over my surroundings. God, on the other hand has full power over the earth, and sets up the boundaries on the third day. He creates the "earth" that the "meek will inherit". So God promises that his good influence will eventually come - which I think is the intent of praying "your will be done". If I want to have real power, I need to align myself with his agenda.

Today I pray specifically for my close friends and extended family. I try to thank God for each of these people in my life and ask him to bless them - in whatever form that takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.