Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday - Peace

re·li·gion

noun
1.
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, natureand purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing amoral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

While is very popular in the evangelical world to say "I'm not into a religion, I'm into relationship with Jesus", I'm finding myself becoming more and more religious. I'm trying to create patterns and structures that help me focus on God. I'm also interested in ancient Christian practices that I think modern culture has erroneously thrown out.

This is part of my weekly pattern: Sunday is the day I focus on peace and thankfulness. Today ends the week's cycle: It's a day to just enjoy all I have and thank God for it. No thinking about taking any ground for the Kingdom or becoming a better whatever - only thinking about God himself.

I use the The Lord's Prayer and Beatitudes to establish my week, as they run a similar 7-step course. They converge on God ruling over all, and us joining him as His children.

For Yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory for every and ever.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.