Monday, October 29, 2012

Saturday - Evil and Good

On Saturdays, three ideas come together in my spiritual practice: The six statement in the Lord's Prayer; The sixth Beatitude; The sixth day of creation:

- God, keep me away from tempation and evil
- I want to be pure in heart and see God
- God creates the land animals and mankind. He tells Adam and Eve to fill the earth and take care of it.



My influence is good, and God will expand it

On the third day (three days ago), my thoughts were about how my influence fails - and today I consider how my influence succeeds and brings about good. For my influence and power to bring about good, I have to be pure in heart and not tempted into doing evil. I ask God to keep me away from the things that can derail me and then cause corruption.

In the creation story, God creates man and grants him power over the earth. The control man receives is to do good and provide care.

Today, I pray for the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.