Monday, December 16, 2013

Pray for Me

Over the past year, I have had a number of people ask me, "How can I pray for you?"

It's a really good question, and I've spent a lot of time considering it. When someone talks to the Creator of everything on my behalf, what do I want them to say?

So if you are willing...

That my sins would be forgiven - that my burden would be lifted.
    - That I would confess all my sins to God weekly
    - That I would call on God, even in the midst of failure
    - That I would struggle against sin - that I would fight hard

That I would be obedient.
    - That I would focus on the needs of others, not myself
    - That I would do the specific things I know God has asked me to do
    - That I would always be faithful to my wife, my family, my friends

That I would be kind and compassionate.
    - This is my struggle, my weakness - and my greatest opportunity for good
    - That I would reach out to others when they need help
    - That I would bless others often and pray for them

That God would be with me, talk to me, and influence me.

As for my circumstances - good and bad - I leave those to God. He knows better than I if I should experience joy, pain or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.