Monday, October 29, 2012

Sunday - Peace

On Sundays, three ideas come together in my spiritual practice: The seventh statement in the Lord's Prayer; The seventh Beatitude; The seventh day of creation:

- Everything belongs to God for forever

- I want to make peace
- God rests from his work and calls the day holy



When I make peace, I partner with God

The ultimate goal is to partner with God - to do things in full alignment with Him. The definition of peace is not just lack of conflict, but a time of fruitfulness, rest and enjoyment. On the last day of the week, my will converges on to God's will. 

Looking back on the week, God wants me to recognize my chaos and come out of it, pursue doing good, and finally bring peace and rest to people. That peace isn't just for a single day, but lasts for eternity.

Today I just talk with God and enjoy his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.