Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday - Separation and Connection

On Tuesdays, three ideas come together in my spiritual practice: The second statement in the Lord's Prayer; The second Beatitude; The second day of creation:

- God's kingdom is coming to bring us together
- I'm separated from God and others, and in need of help
- God separates out part of creation - the only day of creation He doesn't call good.


My relationships are in chaos, and God wants to change them.

This is a day to be in the wilderness where I'm alone. I hope that I can be more connected to God, but I understand that sometimes he will be there, and other times not. The Bible is filled with stories where He is very close at times and then far away. I realize this isn't a popular belief, but I think an accurate, biblical one.

I desire to be connected to others, but I realize it often doesn't work out. I try to face the loss for things I have done wrong and failed to do right towards the people I know. There are some relationships I can work on to fix, and others where no change is possible. 

Even God seems to dislike like the concept of separation - but is willing to use it as part of the growth process, showing it on the second day of creation. This is the essence of Jesus coming to earth and being fully rejected by God to remedy the evil we have done. This is where my comfort comes from.

Specifically, I pray for my close family: my wife and kids. I ask God to forgive their sins and make them clean. I want their burdens of sin to be taken away, purely by God's grace. Should I ask God to forgive them like this? Is it appropriate?

Job was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil. He had seven sons and three daughters... Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, “Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” This was Job’s regular custom.

If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.