Monday, April 29, 2013

The Nature of Jesus - Monday

I'm continually fascinated by Jesus. I guess when God becomes a human being with the intent to connect with us, I should expect no less. I want to spend this week considering who he is.

I'm looking at the first chapter of the gospel written by John and Paul's letter he wrote to the church in Phillippi (eastern Macedonia).

John starts out his account of Jesus with this:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
Everything in the universe was made by him.

Life comes from him.

He is shining in the darkness - into my chaos - and my chaos can't block him out.

Paul wrote:
Jesus, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

Jesus gave up his status, authority, power to enter into the world and serve us - to serve me. Not to judge or condemn me, but to reach out to me, to rescue me.

God, come into my darkness and rescue me.


Mondays | My heart is in chaos, and God wants to change it
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of God
- Our Father in heaven, your name is holy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.