Sunday, April 28, 2013

Writing

Saint Augustine of Hippo wrote: I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write.

I guess I count myself as one of those as well. I haven't written anything for about three weeks, and I feel unsettled in my thoughts. Writing makes me come to some sort of conclusion about what I'm thinking and feeling.

John wrote this in a letter to Christians:
I am writing to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name.
I am writing to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning.
I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one.
Writing helps me confirm my ideas. It's often encouraging. Even though I'm really just writing to myself, it has a much larger effect than only thinking. I believe God wants me to learn and develop as I write and talk about him.

Moses wrote:

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door-frames of your houses and on your gates.

I guess this blog is my door-frame. It reminds me of who I am, who God is, and what he's done for me.

God, thank you for being good to me. Help me to write about how much you've done.



Sundays | When I make peace, I partner with God
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God
- For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.