Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Courage - My Wife Becky

King Solomon wrote: A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

In the midst of pain and fear, my wife Becky keeps me and our family going. She would sacrifice anything to make the load for the rest of us easier. She is the most selfless person I know. Her unwavering courage has given me strength and a few times put me to shame.

As we all mourn, she works to bring us comfort. She works to reduce the chaos in our lives and bring peace to our home. Her faith is alive - as James wrote: As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

I see that courage is not an attitude or feeling - it's hard work. Her load has been heavy, and I hope it lightens as time goes on, God willing. I will do everything I can to make it so.

God, thank you so much for Becky, her work, her faith, her courage.


Tuesdays | My relationships are in chaos, and God wants to change them
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted
- Your kingdom come



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.