Friday, August 16, 2013

The Fall - Friday

God's second question and their answer:
And God said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
Adam's response: God, you and the woman are to blame for this. It's everyone's fault but mine.

Eve did give him the fruit, but he's not interested in taking any responsibility.

Jesus said in the fifth Beatitude: Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy

After sinning, Adam believed that throwing his wife under the bus might get him somewhere. He showed "no mercy".

I think most people despise those who throw others under the bus. We instinctively know its wrong.

Yet I have still done it. I often do it my thoughts - my "prayers".

    - If my wife were different...
    - If my kids were different...
    - If my friends were different...
    - If my church was different...
    - If my work was different...
    - If my world was different...

... then all these negative things wouldn't be in my life. It's pretty easy for me to buy into the lie.

But God has shown me that mercy and forgiveness (taking and receiving), build up my life. These free me and bring me joy. Great people forgive great wrongs.

God, help me to forgive every last little thing that has ever been wrongly done to me.


Fridays | My relationships are good, and God will build them up
- Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy
- And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.