Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Am I Obedient?

Book of Genesis: through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.

Book of Exodus: Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession.


Book of Joshua: Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.


Book of 1 Kings: And may your hearts be fully committed to the Lord our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands.


Book of Job: If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment.


Book of Psalms: I will always obey your law, for ever and ever.


Book of Luke:  As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.” He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”


Book of John: Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."


Book of Romans: For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.


Book of 1 John: Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them.


All of this in light of God's grace:

Book of Ephesians: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.



It's a hard question to ask myself: Am I obedient to God? I'm not talking about just some of the things I do or don't do. Am I living the life He designed for me? I really can't answer this question with any certainty right now. I do intend to find out... 

God, please forgive me for all I've done wrong. Forgive my wife and kids for all they have done wrong. Take away the resulting burdens we carry. Come close to us, even if we are far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.