Saturday, November 17, 2012

I've Seen God

On Saturdays, I consider the 6th Beatitude: Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

I'm in no way implying that I'm pure in heart. But my wife, Becky and I discussed all the occurred this past week - and we feel like we have done what God has asked of us. So for one week out of 2,600, I think I did all that I was supposed to do (I could easily be wrong).

But we did get to see God...

Paul said: Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

He also said: If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Over the past week and a half we have had so many people reach out to help us. They have comforted us, brought us food, prayed with us, called to see how we are doing, offered to run errands, flew to meet our daughter, and just about anything else you can imagine. God didn't show up like lightning out of the clouds, He showed up in His people. We have experienced so much goodness - I don't know how I'm ever going to express appreciation to everyone. 

Also on Saturdays, I consider the part of the creation story where God created us: So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

From this, I believe that when we see people doing good, we see an image of God.

1 comment:

  1. Troy... you and Becky and all of us walking this journey with you.. are being delivered through this ,,, and I expect that you are and will experience a gloriously intense encounter with God. Maybe somewhat like what Daniel experienced as he was faithful and obedient.. and in the end King Darius and many of influence, proclaimed that surely God is real and true.. and lives with us in the midst of unbelievable hurt . You surely have influenced the Doerr family.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment.