Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mancation

I spent Thursday evening through Sunday morning in Sunriver with over 20 guys from church. We hung out, talked, played games, ate a lot, and skied our legs off at Bachelor. Craig Eaton has named this annual event "Mancation" - he is the positive force that makes it happen.

There were guys from their early teens to those in their 60's. All men of faith - all on their own journey with God. I have friends from the entire spectrum of beliefs, and I value all of them. But there are times when I want to be with those who know Him, this being one of them. I draw strength from our shared belief and destiny.

My youngest son Nathan was there, which was the best part of all. It was great to see him interact with the others, coming into his own as a young man. At 14 he's a respectable poker player...

I spent some time skiing alone on the second day. I felt sorry for myself and wished Caleb was there - and I also felt happy for myself, that I had the chances I did to be with him. He and I both love the mountains and the snow. In eternity, we can make up for a few missed years with millions more.

I'm lucky and honored to have the friends I do. I hope to be as good to them as they are to me. They are a gift from God.
Jesus said: But about the resurrection of the dead - have you not read what God said to you, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.
We will live as friends forever. I have no doubt of this.

As I'm writing this song came on Pandora - I think it's fitting:

Even though I'm posting this on a Tuesday - these thoughts were in my head on Sunday. It was good to be with these guys - spending time making peace and happiness.

Blessed is Craig Eaton, peacemaker, he is a child of God.


Sundays | Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.


A few pictures of Caleb and others from good years past on Mancation...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.