Tuesday, October 29, 2013

You Are My Vision

There are a few songs that have become very important to me. They teach me, encourage me and help me say focused on what’s important. This is one of them.

This song originated in 6th century Ireland – around 1500 years ago. I think it speaks as much truth as the Bible itself, so it has lasted through time and has been adapted into the versions we have today.

This is my favorite version – of course by an Irish group.



The lyrics:

You are my vision, O King of my heart.
Nothing else satisfies, only You, Lord.
You are my best thought by day or by night.
Waking or sleeping, Your presence, my light.

You are my wisdom, You are my true word,
I ever with You, and You with me Lord:
You're my great Father, and I'm Your true son,
You dwell inside me, together we're one.

You are my battle-shield, sword for the fight
You are my dignity, You're my delight
You're my soul's shelter and You're my high tower.
Come, raise me heavenward, O Power of my power.

I don't want riches or man's empty praise:
You're my inheritance, now and always;
You, and You only, the first in my heart:
High King of heaven, my treasure You are.

High King of heaven, when victory's won
May I reach heaven's joy, O bright heaven's Son.
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my vision, O Ruler of all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.