Thursday, July 11, 2013

Writing is hard work

I've decided that writing down my thoughts regularly is hard work.

It's not that I don't have things I want to write down - it's just the opposite. I have too many things I think about, and I can't decide which ones I should focus on. For my own satisfaction, I should just pick something and get on with it.

So in this post I'll note that I recently have started calling God "Dad" when talk to him. It really felt uncomfortable at first, but I'm getting used to it. It definitely makes me think differently about him.

Jesus said, this is how we should talk to God: This, then, is how you should pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name...

Jesus said a little later: Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Paul wrote to the Roman church: For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Hear is what I think - I should have a comfortable relationship with God as my dad, but not casual or irreverent one. I am not his equal, I'm his child. He owes me no explanation to me for why he does what he does - I don't expect one in this life or the next. He does want me to approach him, to depend on him, to spend time with him.

Anyway, I guess this is an experiment for me. I will continue on with it for a year and see how it goes.

Dad, thanks for all you have done for us. Even with all the painful things that happen to us, you are a good God and you take care of us.


Thursdays | My heart is hungry for good, and God will fill it
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled
- Give us today our daily bread


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.