Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fighting Writing

I have had the desire, but no energy to write for quite a while. The committee in my head is in a constant argument about it - and I've finally decided to get back at it.

A. W. Tozer: Let us believe that God is in all our simple deeds and learn to find Him there.

What I really need to write about is grief, loss, survival, bravery, the testing of faith - all light and energizing topics. It wears me out to think about doing it, let along actually writing something. But I feel called to it, that there is purpose in it, good in it. I believe God is in it. 

This isn't what I would have chosen to spend my time on - it was chosen for me. I feel a little bit like Jonah, asked to go to a place he didn't want to go, so he ran the other way. Running the other way seems very attractive, but I'll try not to do that.

Jesus said: The Kingdom of God will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag, each according to his ability.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.